Friday 11 February 2011

42 of 365 - 11 February 2011

Today was pretty much sleeping and hospital visiting my father.... so tonight I decided I better think about taking a picture!! I settled on a picture of a picture(!) I bought on my recent trip to my sister's. In fact... there's two pictures... and there's a story here.

I saw the original of the top Picture in a gallery, (it was larger than this print), a few months back when visiting my sister. I absolutely loved it, but there was no way I could afford it!
When I went back to the gallery this time I found a print of the same picture and just had to have it because it reminded me of the beautiful original I had seen! I asked if they had any more by that particular artist ... Eddie Mallon. They produced quite a few originals for me to view and I fell in love with the bottom one - it reminded me of the first picture in it's style and feel... though it was much smaller!

S0..... here they hang...... on my wall..... the bottom one is nicely framed and hanging on a hook... and the top print rests on the original painting, waiting for me to find an appropriate matching frame and hang on a hook!

(NB: Though I tried a few effects out, I decided not to really anything to this picture, because I did not want to change the pictures I love so much!)

1 comment:

  1. They are really beautiful pictures! The photo shows them off nicely!!!

    ReplyDelete